Friday, November 25, 2011

Giving Thanks

For years I've watched American "Thanksgiving Specials" on TV. Here in NZ they tend to pop up at any time of the year which keeps all of us on our toes because, frankly, we don't understand or give a shit about Thanksgiving Day. And who was the idiot who decided to have a big family-orientated feast day a month out from Christmas?!

To all my American followers - have a great turkey day. Rory and I will be giving thanks in a much more fun way ...














5 comments:

  1. I hear you Strayf, it seems kind of silly that we eat like pigs but best of all you don't have to give or exchange damn presents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm with you Stan! Rory and I have given up on Xmas. The very idea of having a quasi-religious calendar date dictate when we should give presents just pisses us off.

    In my line of work, I've never acknowledged public holidays - dammit! those are busy times usually! - but Thanksgiving (and Halloween for that matter) just seem stoopid.

    NZ has a Labour Day (I'm not sure what that's all about ...), a Waitangi Day (which is supposed to be a celebration of the signing of a badly drawn up treaty between Europeans and Maori - a load of shit but who cares?), and an ANZAC day (the only holiday that I support - a remembrance of war victims).

    Thanksgiving? What the fuck is that about? Turkey (over-rated in my opinion), pumpkin pie (roast the pumpkin! it's delicious!!! Don't screw it in a tacky pie!), and arguing with family members are NOT the basis of a holiday!

    This has been a StrayF rant.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would much rather celebrate in your way! Can I come over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruffy, you and the Hubster are more than welcome - just, um, leave Cruella behind will ya?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the turkey and feed me cock!

    ReplyDelete